DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS & MESSAGES
What's Going On?
Discover our School
We are home to 200 students (aged 6 to 18) and over 30 expert faculty and staff — a community representing over 15 different nations. We are proud of our international and multi-cultural ethos, and the way our community collaborates to make a difference. Our world-renowned curriculum is built on the best academic Canadian standards given to us by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
Welcome to Caribbean International Academy - 2016/2017
Watch the NEW Updated "2016-2017" Welcome Video for Caribbean International Academy. Feel free to tag, share and comment.Posted by Caribbean International Academy on Tuesday, September 27, 2016
The Caribbean International Academy’s campus and educational facilities are state of the art and composed of a main education building, a dormitory residence for 14 international students, a 25-meter swimming pool and a sports court.
The main academic building houses all of the classrooms including the library, computer lab and science labs.
Our brand new Caribbean International Academy Boarding house, opened in 2015 can welcome up to 14 students in single or double occupancy. CIA is ready to house students from Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Alberta, Nova Scotia, the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Germany or any parent wishing to send their child to live in a safe family like environment.
Competitive and recreational athletes have incredible facilities at Caribbean International Academy. These facilities include a 25-meter swimming pool. The pool is complete with 3 lanes, a 3-meter spring board and a depth of approximately 4 meters. The Caribbean International Academy Triathlon Team and Caribbean International Academy Swim Team use this pool to train and to host meets. CIA’s pool also works to enrich the school’s physical education programs and provide a practice environment for the Caribbean International Academy’s Marine Research Team.
The main objective of the Caribbean International Academy is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children develop within themselves the foundation habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
The specific goals for the children who attend the school are:
• To develop a positive attitude toward the school and learning.
• To develop a sense of high self-esteem.
• To build habits of concentration for lifelong study skills.
• To develop and foster an abiding curiosity.
• To develop habits of initiative and persistence.
• To foster inner discipline and a sense of order.
• To develop sensory-motor skills in order to sharpen the ability to discriminate and judge.
• To develop socially acceptable behavior.
• To acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning.
• To develop the individual’s innate, ultimate potential through high self-expectations.